July 22, 2020
As of today, July 22, we have no confirmed reopen date for our physical offices.
Our reopening plans continue to be guided by the Department of Public Health, CDC, American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA), conversations with local schools and other private clinics and local government policies. We have a minimum of three month’s supply of PPE and cleaning supplies and are assessing plans on a regular basis so that we’ll be ready just as soon as we can safely reopen. In-person sessions will be expanded only as it is deemed safe for clients, our staff and the community.
In the meantime, we wanted to take an opportunity to share some of the changes to our offices and procedures in order to most effectively ensure minimal risk of exposure to both our clients and team.
We feel confident that with your help in enforcing and abiding by these protocols and changes to our office policies and procedures, we will effectively minimize any risk of exposure to the greatest degree possible.
- Staggered schedules to ensure limited number of onsite people
- Significantly reduced number of onsite clients and therapists at all times
All JKI team will:
- complete a daily health screening including taking temperatures
- wear face masks at all times and face shields during therapy
- enforce and practice physical distancing the greatest extent possible throughout the day
- use have dedicated materials for clients and therapists
- hand wash at regular intervals throughout the day, including immediately upon arrival, before and after entering any new areas, before and after interacting with any child, and before and after using any restroom facilities
- participate in a comprehensive training program which will include
- Monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms and action steps for a suspected cases of COVID-19
- Communications guidelines for notifying families of any suspected cases, as well as notifying the Public Health Department
- Best practices for cleaning sterilization
For Clients and Accompanying Family Member:
- A health screening and will be conducted upon arrival, including temperature taken (with a no touch thermometer)
- Any person over the age of two (2) will be required to wear a mask. For any child under the age of two a mask should be available to be worn as deemed necessary in certain situations. Families must provide their own masks. You will not be allowed to enter the office without a mask.
- Face Shields are required for all children during their therapy sessions
- One (1) adult can accompany a client
- Hand washing upon arrival and before departure
- No congregating in waiting room
- No early arrivals, or lingering in the waiting rooms after a session
- Parent/caregiver requested to wait in car, outside or join in session
- Hand sanitizer stations installed
- No toys/books in waiting room
In-person sessions will be be cancelled when guardian or client:
- Has a fever
- Does not pass health screening
- Does not have a mask
- Demonstrates the symptoms noted below
A charge will occur should an in-person session be cancelled due to a health and safety risk. Please operate with caution and care and reschedule for a telepractice sesion!
Reschedule for a telepractice session when any of the following are true:
- Fever above 100.4
- Shortness of breath
- Dry cough
- Runny nose
- Loss or reduction in smell or taste
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Have traveled more than 100 miles from your home in the last 14 days
We will continue to use this space to provide updates and details for our plans in reopening. In the meantime, we will see you virtually.